Friday, December 3, 2010

How can YOU help??

So, now that you know a little about what Operation Christmas Blessing 2010 is all about- you might be saying to yourself "That sounds like a great mission, but how can I get involved?"

First, you can PRAY!  That is really the easiest thing we can all do- pray!  God know's Rachels specific needs, so just lift her up in your prayers as often as God brings it to your mind. 

Second, you can GIVE!  I've set up a paypal account specifically for this project. I'm only asking you to give $1- if all of my Facebook Friends were to give $1, we could raise just over $300 for this dear family for their Christmas needs!  What a blessing that would be!  But why limit what God can do?  Maybe you can give $5, or $10, or MORE!?!  All monies that are collected (and I will be keeping a running total here on the blog) will be used in blessing this family for the Christmas season! 

I asked Rachel what her boys would like for Christmas- here is the list she provided me, and what simple lists they are!!

Ezekiel- age 9
Legos
Board games
Star Wars stuff
Sketchbooks

Timothy- age 7
Transformers
MagnaDoodle type drawing toy
Bionicles
Sketchbooks

Simon- age 5
Hotwheels with cases "so they don't get lost" his words, not mine :)
Action figures.  It doesn't really matter *what* figures, he just likes pretend games with them.
Little Kid board games
Sketchbooks

And lastly, PRAY some more!  When you think of it, pray for this little mission I have going.  I know it might not seem like a big deal to others, but I really want this to be successful!  So many people have been such a blessing to me over the past years, I want to be do something to be a blessing in a big way to someone else- and I know I can't do it alone!  But I know God can do so much more- so, pray some more!  I would really like this to become an annual project, to find one family every Christmas season and "bless" them. 

So- if you can give- no matter how much or how little- you can do so at http://www.paypal.com/.  The email address is Christmasblssng@gmail.com  I will be taking donations between now and December 15, 2010.  If you would like to send something to help, but can't donate through paypal, email me (Christmasblssng@gmail.com) and we can work it out.  I've had a few friends wanting to donate gift cards as well- any way that you give will be welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment